Sunday, March 18, 2012

Feeling a little chatty

Okay, let's see...First, tomorrow is day 40 of our LOA wait.  I've never practiced religion formally, but does that mean if I've given up having my LOA for 40 days that it is sort of a lent thing and that I can have it tomorrow?  I wish! 

Sophie's LOA came on day 53 so I'm praying it will be no longer than that.  I remember how crazy I was back then!!!  I calculated our time frame based on Sophie's timeline and if things stay the same we will have our travel approval by mid-May.  That means we would travel mid June.

Also, as we get closer to LOA I'm realized there is SO much to do!  We have been working on Sophie's big girl room so they each girl has their own space.  That required a lot of reorganized as Sophie is taking our old guest bedroom which housed a lot of extra stuff!  The closet was jam packed and needed to be divided up to other spaces. 

With all that being said, here is some stuff on the horizon:

1.  Finish organizing all of the toys and clothes into there appropriate bedrooms.

2.  Finish Sophie's new room.

3.  Get Lucy's care package ready.

4.  Create our packing list.

5.  Apply for visas.

6.  Buy hair bows (yes, Lucy will need some beautiful head bands because she doesn't have much hair to work with ---and has already been mistaken for a boy).  Oh wait, I tackled this one already.  Look how cute!
7.  Have a garage sale to recoup some cash for the orphanage donation and travel.

8.  Number eight is the worst!  It's the 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th....things I am sure I am forgetting!

I also had a great convo today with a prospective adoptive parent.  I hope she finds a country/agency that work for her family...soon! 

It's been a productive weekend now here's hoping to some fun news!  I already know we are getting our 1-800 packet in the mail this week.  Our agency sent it out so that we can prepare the documents and send them back.  That way when we get LOA we are good to go!  Love how proactive they are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment